Types of hosting services
A hosting solution entails storing and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server handled by a website hosting company. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's have a look at them. Doing so, you can determine what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to own a site, email addresses, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a service provided by certain hosts, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions are frequently supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific stretch of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely unsuitable interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would split the load between individual stacks of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given providers provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting kind is appropriate if you want to share an enormous amount of pictures with comrades or associates since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will get a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your email mailbox accounts. Some firms provide hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an email service. If you wish to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your website hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will enable you to own as many video files as you wish without worrying about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to run a site. To some degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and mails, upload video clips, etc. At Lonex, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared with the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for particular web content only.